- Incorporated in 1961
- Encompasses 45 square miles
- 28 miles northwest of Dallas
- Three miles north of DFW Airport (world's 3rd busiest - passenger)
- Located in Denton and Tarrant County
- Population: 62,450
- Master Planned Community
- Council/manager government: elected mayor & five council members
- One of the lowest overall tax rates in the DFW Metroplex
In 2009, Flower Mound was named the sixth best place to move to in the nation and number one in Texas by Forbes in the “America's 25 Best Places to Move” list.
Centrally located in North Texas near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Flower Mound is a family-oriented community that prides itself on maintaining a small-town atmosphere while embracing and fostering a dynamic economic development environment.
After experiencing unprecedented residential growth, the Town now actively promotes a burgeoning commercial development scene centered around the Lakeside Business District, located on the North Shore of Lake Grapevine.
Providing quick and convenient access to the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, DFW International Airport, and numerous recreational opportunities, Flower Mound has emerged as the best place in North Texas to live, work, and play.